If you witness a road accident in which a person has been critically injured and is fighting for his life, what would you do? Ever wondered?
In such a situation if you cannot find any help start performing CPR on the person to save his life.
Educating people on CPR is quite essential as the casualties that ultimately takes life of many people can be reduced.
CPR is a lifesaving technique which is used at the time of emergency, including heart attack or near drowning. It stands for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation. It is useful when someone’s breathing or heartbeat has stopped. It can keep oxygenated blood flowing to the brain and other vital organs until more definitive medical treatment is provided to restore a normal heart rhythm. When the heart stops working, lack of oxygenated blood can damage the brain within few minutes and it is possible that the person might die within 8 to 10 minutes.
Tips & advice on CPR as provided by American Heart Association-
Here are some important tips & advice given by American Heart Association which will be helpful at the time of emergency:-
- If someone is not trained in CPR, then the person should provide hands-only CPR. Hands-only CPR is an uninterrupted chest compression of 100 to 120 per minute until the paramedics is achieved.
- If there is someone who is trained in CPR and is confident in the abilities possessed by her, then she should first check the pulse and breathing of the patient. If it is noticed that there is no pulse after 10 seconds, then the chest compressions should be started immediately. In this case 30 CPR must be provided before two rescue breaths.
- If there is someone who has taken professional training in CPR earlier but is not confident in her abilities, then chest compressions at a rate of 100 to 120 per minute should be given.
These advice are only applicable on adults, children and infants who require CPR but not on newborns.
Have you ever been in a situation where the first possible thing you could do to save someone’s life is–CPR? Do not panic in such a situation, you can save someone’s life by just following some steps.
Before starting CPR, check:-
- Is the environment safe for the person?
- Is the person conscious or unconscious?
- If the person appears unconscious, tap or shake his or her shoulder and ask loudly, “Are you OK?“
- If the person doesn’t respond and two people are available, make one person call 911 or the local emergency number and get the AED, if it is available, and make the other person begin CPR.
- If you are alone and have immediate access to a telephone, call 911 or your local emergency number before beginning CPR. Get the AED, if it is available.
- As soon as an AED is available, deliver one shock if instructed by the device, then begin CPR.
- Compressions – Make the patient lie on her back on a flat surface and the person providing compressions should kneel down near the patient’s shoulder or neck. Place the palm of one hand in the center of the patient’s chest and place your hand over the top of the other hand. Keep your elbows straight and position your shoulders in a manner that they are directly above your hands. Use your upper body weight as you push down to compress on the chest. Continue chest compressions until there are signs of movement or until any emergency medical personnel arrive.
- Airway – After performing 30 chest compressions open the person’s airway by tilting the head and lifting up the chin. Put your palm on person’s forehead and slowly tilt the patient’s head back. Now with other hand, gently lift the chin forward for opening the airway.
- Breathing – The rescue breathing can be mouth-to-mouth or mouth-to-nose breathing. Mouth-to-nose breathing can be provided if the mouth is seriously injured or can’t be opened.
If you are looking for a company that provides CPR training in schools and MNCs then Empathy Solutions can be directly contacted in this regard. It is an organization which is specialized in providing solution to every problem in Hospital & Healthcare Industry. The organization has tie-up with more than 500 hospitals in India & about 50 hospitals all over the world. Thereby it is competent enough to deal with various types of ailments which the patient is suffering from.
Empathy Solutions also deals with Emergency Management by providing Standby Medical Services in big events like Trade shows, Exhibitions, Travel Groups etc. to avoid any untoward incident and to deal with any medical emergency during the event in India and Abroad.
Empathy Solutions is an experienced operator in Hospital, Healthcare, and Tourism & Travel Industry. Over the years, with experience & reliable services, Empathy Solutions have provided excellent medical care clubbed with pleasant and memorable holidays in India for their clients from all over the world.
Keep following for all the latest updates!