Event management is the art of applying project management to the development and creation of large-scale events such as formal parties, festivals, concerts, ceremonies, weddings, conferences, or conventions. Event management involves various steps or processes. These steps or processes are identifying the target audience, devising the event concept, coordinating the technical aspects before actually launching the event and studying the brand. The events industry now includes events of all sizes scaling from personal to a large public event. It deals with managing distinct events from Olympics to general meetings for business. Many organizations hold events in order to raise money, build business relationships, market themselves, or celebrate achievement.
The process of coordinating and planning the event is usually referred to as event planning. Event planning includes:-
- Site selection
- Acquiring necessary permits
- Coordinating transportation and parking
- Arranging for speakers or entertainers
- Arranging decor
- Event security
- Coordinating with third party vendors
- Emergency plans
Each event is totally distinct in its nature so process of execution & planning of each event differs on basis of type and scale of the event. There must be a person responsible to look after and manage all the activities at the event so many organizations appoint event manager in this regard. An event manager is a person who performs the following tasks:-
- Plans and executes the event
- Taking responsibility for the creative, technical, and logistical elements.
- Creative, technical, and logistical elements includes overall event design, brand building, marketing and communication strategy, audio-visual production, script writing, logistics, budgeting, negotiation, and client service.
Foreign event management or planning is likely to take you outside of your comfort zone. The challenge of foreign event management can be exciting and it can also be daunting at the same time. Even the most accomplished and experienced planner can find it difficult to deal with the social, cultural and legal barriers that would simply not occur when an event is held within the local boundaries.
Here are some tips to get started with the foreign event management:-
- Cultural research – If the destination is already chosen, then a good step to start will be the cultural research of the destination of the event. This will help you know about the lifestyle, practices and beliefs of the people living there. Gaining and understanding of a foreign culture can be fascinating and very useful for negotiations.
- Collect overseas reference – Doing just the cultural research is not enough when adhering to other technical aspects of the event. Most countries have associations and professional bodies who work to plan. It is always worth contacting these bodies to get recommendations on best regional practice and potential partners present there.
- Find a local partner who is professional – Search and find for the best local partner available there so that you can be benefited to the fullest. Having local partner will create a lot of ease and solve lots of problems which requires regional knowledge.
- Meet face to face – Visiting the decided destination and personally meeting the local professional partner is recommended. This will help you gain a better knowledge for the event that is yet to be held.
- Ask for help – Ask for help from the experienced event planners or organizers, even if you don’t think you need it. They are almost always happy to share their experience and make recommendations in destinations they are familiar with. Seeking help from these experienced professional will surely help you in the right direction.
Gurdasmal Hospitality & Consultancy Services provides with the services of Operations & Management of events in India & Abroad. The company is experienced and reliable since it is working in this sector from a prolonged period of time. It arranges everything required to attend medical events whether it is ticket requirements, hotel requirement or any other requirement for the event.
The company is also a potential organizer of CME (Continuing Medical Education). It facilitates golf carts and shuttle services for events. It is renowned for its service in this sphere. The company is a trusted brand name in Noida & is very dedicated and efficient in the market.
The company also provides opportunity to the talented youth to have on the job training by providing them task in the event. In this way they learn and earn as well. People in search of jobs can find ample opportunities through this company to portray their talents.
The company also provides temporary jobs for hostess and divas at the event. It is one of the best manpower service providers in Delhi & NCR. It also deals with providing services in the field of Healthcare, Wellness, Tourism and Hospitality. It is working in association with Indian Chambers representing the Indian Industry in various fields to promote India as the destination for Services exports. The company also organizes/co-organizes/provides services in Exhibitions, Trade Fair, Convention, and Conferences etc.